homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I'm always a day late & a dollar short. Yesterday was Father's Day and I would be remiss if I let this year go by without paying tribute to my Daddy.  What can I say, he is the very best Dad I know.  I have always been very close with my dad and consider him to be one of my heroes, and always someone I look to for wise counsel, spiritual mentoring, a good hard laugh, some fan support or just a big hug.  
 


Daddy,
Thank you for always being there for me through thick and thin and for always being honest with me about any situation.  Thank you for loving me unconditionally; not just teaching me about true love but showing it to all of your children, all of the time.  You have been, and continue to be, such a inspiration as you walk through life's ups and downs with your heart and mind focused on the Lord. My favorite memories together are on the basketball court or softball field where you instilled not just sport-specific skills, but life skills about being a good teammate and not giving up.  You have always given everything so freely to your children - time, love, life-lessons - everything that truly matters in this world.  Thank you for being the best you can be, at everything you do.  You are my hero and I love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I love this!!

    Hope you are doing well! Been thinking about you! Would LOVE an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post for a wonderful man! ...I also laughed out loud at the family photo. Those bonnets are hilarious! :) Gotta love what our parents used to dress us in as kids. I'm sure our kids will be saying the same thing one day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)