....in typical bulleted list form
- I had a great conversation with my friend/colleague Molly last night. It was a conversation focused on her career and the opportunities we have been given with our company, and it certainly put me in a pondering mood when I got off of the phone. 50 years ago, women our age would not be doing what we do (in all fairness, a company like SportsMark wouldn't have been around, but still...). It is quite amazing that we (women/women's rights) have come so far over the course of history. Women are not only given the opportunity to hold the same jobs as men, but we're respected in our positions. No need to get on a soapbox about this, but I am so glad I have the same opportunity as men in my industry to be successful.
- Speaking of job, I have some fun work-related news that I can't wait to share but I want to tell my girlfriends tonight at dinner before I post it on here **sorry, Beckster, if you're reading this you will find out tonight :) **
- I could talk for a long time about the health care situation, but I will control myself [as best I can] and link over to my brother's blog when he finishes his post about this. He is, in fact, a much more eloquent writer than I, and has intelligent points that are spoken with knowledge of facts, not emotions (for me its hard to cut emotions out of it). I did just read an article with a quote from Brian Gottstein, a spokesman for "Just by virtue of being a resident of the United States, never before in history have we been required to purchase something" I am all for helping people who need help, but it is a sad state of affairs when my country (land of the FREE) is mandating that I spend my money on what they deem important. Is that freedom?? ...and this is where I step off of my soapbox for a bit and move on to other subjects.
- I only have 4 Saturdays left in my training for the Rock & Roll half marathon. WooHoo :) I am super excited to run 13.1 miles with four amazing women. It has been so much fun training with them, and I can't wait to cross this goal off of my list :) I keep thinking I should have a time goal, but then I change my mind & remind myself that (at least for my first 1/2) I just want to finish the darn thing!
- My dear friend Sara & her hubby Seth are about to have their first baby & I am so thrilled!!! Selfishly I want her to deliver a week early or three days late, so I can be there to see her & the new baby, but that's not up to me ;) They did not find out what they are having and I canNOT wait to know. I know the suspense is killing her (just because it's killing me...haha). Her nursery is so cute & I am hoping to stop by & visit this week. If I do, and with her permission, I will post some pictures. I love baby stuff :)
- I want to go on a vacation this year...not a long weekend getaway, but an actual 'turn off my blackberry & enjoy myself' vacation. Will it happen? Who knows, but I certainly hope so! As a side note, I would be happy with a weekend getaway...anyone want to join me?!
Long-winded much? I need a life...where is the middle of April when you need it?!