homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Thankful ABC's

With Thanksgiving just 12 {or so} hours away, I wanted to take some time to reflect on the blessings of life and the many, many things I am thankful for.  God is SO GOOD!  Have a great Thanksgiving! 

A: Ashley, my sister and Andrew, my brother.  Ash is hilarious, kind, generous & an amazing momma to four kiddos! Andrew is a great dad, great brother, hilarious man (like our Dad) and fun man to be around.  I am so thankful for both of them!

B: BL.  My best friend, my rock, my partner. Words can't really express how thankful I am for such an amazing man to share life with. 

C: Christ, who brings us salvation

D: Dogs, Gus & Rambo ... love those crazy mutts!

E: Elizabeth, my sister.  She is adorable and fun, spunky and kind.  I love her!

F: Friends ... I have the best friends in the whole world.  Period.

G: Grace, which I am in constant need of!!

H: Humor, without which I would surely die a slow, painful death

I: Ignorance.  Sometimes I am just dumb, but I do appreciate my ignorance sometimes; after all, isn't is supposed to be bliss?!

J: Josh, my oldest brother.  He is a talented businessman, brilliant in many ways, funny man and a great big brother!  Love you Josh!

K: Kids.  Usually making me laugh (or at least smile), they are a blessing indeed! 

L: Love.  I just love to love. 

M: Mel, my fearless, amazing mother.  She is the bomb. dot. com.  Need to know more, just go here...
 

N: New Opportunities.  So thankful for these every day.
 

O: Optimism.  I have been told I am painfully optimistic, but is there really such a thing?!
 

P: Peace. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7

Q: Quiet.  Sometimes you just need to be still.  I am thankful for times which allow this.
 

R: Real talk.  You know those people in your life who always shoot straight?  I so appreciate their real, honest talks and the courage to say what needs to be said.  I just really like when people are REAL. AUTHENTIC. TRUE.
 

S: Son.  I am so beyond thankful for my SON, Max.  I am too excited for words.  He is such a joy and I haven't even locked eyes with him yet. I will soon, though...YIPPEEE!!!
 

T: Tom, my hilarious, smart, generous & all-around awesome dad!  Love you Daddy!
 

U: Unity.  I am thankful for the people in my life who can come together in times of joy and times of need.  The unity we share is priceless to me.
 

V: Vacations.  Praise the Lord I have a family who loves to travel and spend time together.  I just love vacations, time to get away, time to explore.
 

W: Wealth.  Not the money, either.  I am thankful for the wealth of blessings God has given me, which don't come from cold hard cash.  Most of them aren't even tangible.
 

X: X-tended family.  Yes, I realize that is not really an 'x' word, but I wanted to recognize my awesome extended family... In-laws, cousins, aunts & uncles.  I love how crazy we all are and how much fun we have together! 
 

Y: YOU!  This blog is so special to me & each one of you who stop by to check in mean a lot to me.  Thank you for being a part of my life.
 

Z: Zipper-free pants.  This is a funny one to end on, but when you're 36+ weeks pregnant, you're very thankful for pants without a zipper!!  As mentioned here ;)

What are you thankful for?  

I pray each of you & your families enjoy this long weekend & time to reflect on your blessings.  Make it a great one friends! 



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love this way of being thankful!
    Have a happy thanksgiving girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to the comment above! I cannot believe little Max is going to be here in a month!!! Eeeek :) I know I'm not the one pregnant - but don't you think this has gone by pretty quick? Have you hit the miserably uncomfortable stage yet? If not, it's coming soon - lol! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking at you as I post this comment and I'm filled with joy as I see and know for sure what great parents Max will have watching over his well being and nurturing his mental, physical and spiritual life...Bless you both!!! If Max doesn't get here on my birthday...it's okay...at least he'll be close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post :) and i am glad i'm spunky, haha! i love you sister and i am so thankful for you and your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)