Somehow I have become the world's worst blogger because I can't seem to bring myself to go turn on my computer and write anything out. Why? Not sure. Probably because when I was working I was on my computer all. day. long. And I don't want to get sucked in and miss time with my boy. That said, I love my blog and I really want to document all of the wonderful things happening with Max so I don't forget how our first weeks together were.
In looking back, there are a few things that I could not have lived without over these last two+ weeks [and still can't do without to be really honest]. Seriously, these helped make our new world much easier to walk through and I wanted to share with you [in case you were pregnant or would become pregnant soon...].
1. Max loves his Snugabunny Bouncer & so does his momma! Afternoon naps, a place to rest when I am taking a [much needed] shower…there are so many reasons to have, and love, this wonderful item!
2. Our little man loves to be swaddled, and we love these Aden and Anais swaddle blankets The blankets from the hospital are great, as are the basic flannel receiving blankets you can get at just about any store, but these are the bomb dot com.
3. Holy. Moly. Who said nursing isn’t supposed to hurt if you’re “doing it right”?! WHAT?! No way, I am doing it right [so the lovely lactation consultant says] and it. Hurts. Bad. Luckily I have heard from many a momma that it does get better, but in the meantime I am using this awesome Lansinoh Nipple Cream to ease the pain. Trust me, you will want it. And as a bonus, it’s totally safe for the bebe and no need to wipe it off before feeding.
4. I would hate to think that my little guy breastfeeding would keep me from being out & about in the world, or visiting with people who come over. That’s where this awesome Nursing Cover comes in. My talented little sister makes these on her own, so she made me a beautiful chevron patterned cover which has already gotten hours of use!
5. This fabulous Boppy pillow is super helpful! I use it now to prop him up during feeding, and take some of the strain off of my back. In the coming months, we will use it for tummy time, practicing sitting up, and probably more feedings. Get yourself a Boppy and you will be glad you did!
6. You can’t purchase this at any store, but I could not have lived without my sweet, selfless momma who has taken such great care of me, Max & BL. She is unlike any other, and I am so thankful for her! I pray that you, too, have someone to help you & your husband out in the first few weeks…much, much needed!