homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Thursday, August 28, 2008

leaving on a jet plane, don't know when i'll be back again...

So this journey I have been on is now about to come to a close as I head out this evening for my long 30 hour trek home. It's hard to believe that the Olympics have come and gone and now I am headed back to America to grow older (eek!) and buy a house. I am thrilled at what the next few weeks will hold for me, but I am so sad to close this chapter. Yes, I have more Olympics to look forward to, and yes, I have other fun things with work, but this has been an unforgettable experience that I can't wait to share with you all! The people of China have surprised me in every way. I have enjoyed the funny signs, nasty and yummy food, having to translate something on yahoo and point to the screen just to get some lunch in the office, watching the world's best athletes compete, making new friends, and strengthening old friendships. I can truly say that this trip has blessed me in more ways than I could have imagined, and although I am beyond thrilled to go home, I am also so sad I have to leave.

Just 30 minutes ago I got a phone call from the front desk saying I had a visitor waiting in the lobby. I walked down and it was one of my local staff who had taken a 45 minute bus ride this morning just to sit in the lobby and wait for me to get there so she could give me a gift she had made...a pretty star necklace because it was "sparkly" and she knew I would love it. The people I have met have given me such an appreciation for hard work and really giving of yourself for others. Even though most of the things they did held us back (more stories on that later) they never stopped putting forth 110% effort to help however they could. Tracy (the gift giver) in particular.

So, I will go now and pack my bags trying to shove it all in, and get on the road soon. I am looking forward to seeing each of you so very soon! Thanks for the emails, thoughts, prayers and Skype messages...all are so appreciated!

Love!!
Chrissi

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all your stories and see your pictures. Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)