It's Thankful Thursday over at Curious Georgi, and I wanted to join in this week and celebrate my mom. When you're done reading, make your own list & link up!
I am sure you've seen me write 1,000 times how much I love my mom, and I will only continue to do so, so get used to it! Momma Mel, you are the best ..... this one's for you!
1. Your skin - you have great skin. I know it's silly to be 'thankful' for skin, but hey, I am your daughter and a girl should be thankful when she comes from a family with good skin!
2. Showing your children the world - OK, maybe you didn't show the whole world to us, but you certainly showed us that there was a vast world with all sorts of people and cultures to appreciate. You not only taught us to live outside of ourselves and our little lives, but you showed us. Thank you for instilling in me a heart that longs to see - and help - the world.
3. Your sense of style - You threw out your 'mom jeans' long before the SNL skits! You are a classy and beautiful woman. You've taught us that it's ok to have a uniform
an outfit you wear a lot ;) as long as it's cute & comfy!! More importantly, you instilled in your daughters to have our own sense of style...don't wear what other people wear - where what you want!
4. Your passion for fitness - let's face it, a lot of people over the age of 40 don't care about being 'fit'. Sure, they don't want to be fat, but they don't care to stay fit. You, Momma Mel, love being fit and it shows! To say you look fabulous and in shape would be an understatement.
5. Your unbeatable ability to take self portraits - No one does it better, and that's a fact :)
6. Your love for your daughters - really all of your kids, but the picture above is just us girls, so I thought I would focus on that .... you worked hard to instill excellent values in your daughters. You taught us to be strong, godly women and wives. I am so thankful you continually showed us unconditional love.
7. Your blue dress - SO MANY people have told me how much they loved your dress at my wedding! It was stunning and perfect for you. Again, some may say this is a silly thing to be thankful for, but I just loved it! Even more than just the dress, though, was the support you gave me throughout the entire planning process. You were the best and made planning my wedding a piece of cake!
Man, I would love some wedding cake right now!!
8. Your sense of humor - the picture above is one of my all-time favorite with you. Your sense of humor is so genuine and being silly with you is so much fun.
25, 25, not 30, 30, 30, 30 ....;)
9. Your heart for the Lord - "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." Prov 31:28-31
. Although you may think these words have been able to capture how I feel about you, they are merely the tip of the iceberg, with its larger bottom half hiding underwater. You are the very best and I am beyond blessed to call you my mother, my sister in Christ, and my friend.