homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Thursday, March 22, 2012

30 before 30


Some people look at turning 30 as a bad thing.  I happen to be very excited about embarking on my 30's in less than 18 months...It will certainly be, as Tim McGraw said, the ending of an era and the turning of a page.  In preparation for this forthcoming milestone, I have created a personal 30 before 30 list.  Some of these have been on my "want to do" list for a while, and some have been added after spending way too much time pondering life while looking out the window of an airplane.  Regardless of when I decided I wanted to do or accomplish these things, they all make up a very random and extensive list of things I need to get started on.  You will see some are already crossed off, and that is simply because I have been able to tackle them in the last year, when I actually began to dream this little goal up.  I look forward to sharing my progress with you.....


  1. Go to Las Vegas
  2. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
  3. Learn new ways to frost a cupcake (I sure do love me some cupcakes and frosting!!!)
  4. Drive up [at least a portion of] the West coast
  5. Walk to the top of Stone Mountain (hard to believe, as a native Atlantan, that I have never done this)
  6. Become a mom
  7. Take a cooking class
  8. Move
  9. Keep a plant alive 6 months, without the green-thumbed help of BL
  10. Ride on a motorcycle
  11. Fly a kite
  12. Get my mile time down under 9 minutes, consistently
  13. Go to a foreign country with BL
  14. Snow Ski
  15. Volunteer regularly for a cause I believe in
  16. Do a big random act of kindness
  17. Meet at least one blog friend in person
  18. Read the entire Bible
  19. See the Grand Canyon
  20. [begin to] Learn French again
  21. Get to the next level at work
  22. See Celine Dion or Adele sing in person (both would be amazeballs but I will gladly take one)
  23. Write out our love story
  24. Go to Seattle
  25. Run another half marathon
  26. Learn something new
  27. Enhance my blog and expand my reach
  28. Become a better coupon user
  29. Take dance lessons
  30. Be on a game show (I have already done this once, but would love to again!!)
....and here goes nothing....let the fun begin!




 

8 comments:

  1. We tried getting you started with #29, but Bobby is going to have to get a little more serious about it :) And how have you never hiked to the top of Stone Mountain? We've done it twice since living here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I'm going to start thinking up things for when I turn 30 in a couple years!! I can't wait to hear about your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like great goals girl and here's too hoping we both have little mixed babes running around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and may have to steal it! :) Be share the game show story!! And I can help you with two of them...come run a half marathon in DC and I can play tour guide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I have a few years until I turn 30, I have made myself a list like this! Crossed a few things off so far, but still many to go. If you moved, where would you want to move to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your blog which is why I have a couple of awards for you. Please visit my blog for details http://dewandolive.blogspot.com.au/
    Happy Weekend!
    d+o xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)