homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just Now or Now Now? No thanks, I want it NOW!

The title of this post is something I may have a hard time getting used to! Here in South Africa, when someone says they will do something "just now" or "now now" you know it will be awhile.  You don't want that.  You want their reply to be now.  Not "just now", not "now now", just a simple "now".  


So I moved from my hotel to my apartment this morning, and it's terrible.  Ok, Ok, truth be told, it's amazing.  I will post pictures as soon as I am able, but let's just say that I will have a hard time leaving to go to the office every day!  Our (my roomie Tara & myself) apartment is right on the canal and it's super safe & beyond beautiful!!  The walk to the office is 15 minutes, if you're strolling.  Now, before you get too jealous let me just say that the weather will make the commute quite difficult....if it's raining, I will have to bring a change of clothes to the office because I will be SOAKED.  Everyone keeps talking about this "sideways rain".  Guess I'll believe it when I see it, but it's apparently no joke....


Anywho, that's all I have time for now.  I miss people back home so badly, but I am already in love with this city and I am very excited about the next seven weeks....   


PS, just 3 months, 3 weeks & 3 days until I am Mrs. Bobby Lyons!!! Wooopity Woooop Woooooo :)

2 comments:

  1. so glad you are loving it :) love you. take lots of pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okkk, so i knew you were going, but what are you doing down there?

    and ps - jealous. like, BAD.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)