homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

21 weeks




How far along: 21 weeks

How big is your baby: just over 1lb, about the size of a spaghetti squash

Total weight gain: 8lbs

Sex: BOY!

Maternity clothes: pants and some tops

Stretch marks: not yet & praying they don’t make an appearance anytime soon!

 Movement: Been feeling “quickening” since 16 weeks, but felt my first hard push last night…that was a strange but wonderful feeling.  Little man isn’t too much of a mover & groover and the placement of the placenta prevents me from feeling more.   

Sleep: I need more than I am getting and I am no longer sleeping through the night…guess I had to get used to that sooner or later!

Symptoms: Crazy emotions, occasional nausea, mild cramps

Best moment this week: Seeing him suck his thumb on the ultrasound this morning!  I can’t get enough of seeing my little one!  

Food cravings: Not nearly as much as the first trimester; still the occasional red meat craving and sometimes fruit.   

Food aversions: chicken…I had tried it once mixed into a dish and it was ok, but chicken alone is awful so I try to stay away!

Labor signs: too soon

Belly button in or out: in, for now.

What I miss: sleeping more, peeing less and running.  I really miss running!

What I'm looking forward to: getting the nursery put together, and finally holding my little man!  


On another note, I've had a few requests for updated belly pictures, and I promise I will add some more in the coming weeks as I grow, and grow, and grow!   In the meantime, I will share a few of the 'watch me grow' pictures I have been taking over the weeks...enjoy! 




Photobucket

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)