homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Olympic Hangover






For the last 17 days I have cheered loudly for the red, white and blue, sang the Star Spangled Banner countless times, shed a few tears and lost several hours of sleep.   I have loved everything about the games and tried to soak in as much as I could; I DVR'd everything Olympic related and enjoyed lots of TV time with BL.  It's safe to say I was riding high on the Olympic wave, drinking the kool-aid and loving it!  Last night, however, with the Olympics gone and virtually nothing good to watch, I experienced something new: Olympic Hangover.  I realized last night what I knew all along but didn't want to admit: I was drunk on the Olympics.  Gabby Douglas, Missy Franklin, Allison Felix, Michael Phelps...I loved watching you swim, flip, run, celebrate! 


As I've been told, all good things must come to an end, and such is the case with my Olympic love affair {until the next ones roll around, of course!}.  So I will nurse my hangover for a few more days and wish I could put Gabby back on the uneven bars, fill up the pool for Missy and Michael and prep the track for Allyson's shoes.  Eventually life will resume normality and I will find other things to do with my time {Parenthood and The Good Wife have to come back eventually...} but for now, I will just catch up on lost sleep, enjoy what's left of the amazingly sappy and wonderful P&G Commercials, and get my life back in order. 

**sigh**

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I actually didn't watch too many Olympic events. It might have had to do with being a way for a week though :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)