Here are my top ten memories/moments/etc from Christmas 2K10:
PS, before I start, I would like to point out that our family does a holiday 'rotation' every year with the in-laws. I am one of five -all married- kids, and it's easier to rotate spending time with our family and our in-laws every year, so we rotate Christmas and Thanksgiving with all siblings and in-laws. This year we were with my parents for Thanksgiving and with in-laws on Christmas, and next year we will be with in-laws for Thanksgiving and my parents for Christmas. May sound tricky but it works well for us!
1. It was my first Christmas as a married woman!
(this is how Daddy Lyons dressed up his Lions for Christmas!)
2. We had about 2 inches of snow here, and it was the first "real" white Christmas in Georgia in over 100 years.
3. Gus got a ducky from Santa whom we named Harry. Needless to say, he is in L-O-V-E with this thing!
4. Starting a new tradition with BL - the years we're with his family we'll continue this tradition: we stayed in our own home Christmas Eve and made a big ol' breakfast dinner feast on Christmas Eve. This was so fun (and yumm-o), and then we went to 11pm church service and came back home and drank mimosas while we opened gifts...so fun!
5. Sleeping in really late on Christmas morning. After all, we were up until 3:00 playing with the new Logitech remote Santa Chrissi brought BL (btw, coolest remote & huge hit with the hubster!!).
6. Getting to sneak in a trip to see some of my family before we went to his parents' house. It was nice to see everyone and hug momma Mel and daddy even on a year I wasn't 'supposed' to ;)
7. Eating waaaay too much good food at BL's parent's house on Christmas night. It was a feast, to say the least!
8. Sleeping in again the day after Christmas (to say this was a lazy weekend would be an understatement!).
9. Not taking hardly any pictures. This is not something I am proud of, believe me, but I wanted to jot it down to remind myself that the memories are in my mind ;) HAHA, truthfully I will just have to make up for it when we have Christmas #2 this weekend with my parents & siblings!
10. Shopping with my mom for hours yesterday...not just because of the quality time on my last day of "Christmas break" but also because we killed it! By killed it, I mean scored some good deals and crossed a LOT off of her list - WoooHooo :)))