homeabout meour wedding30 before 30

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stylish Blogger Award


I love blogging...I love reading blogs, writing blogs, stalking blogs, etc...and I really love when bloggers award give their fellow bloggers cute awards.  I am super exitced to say that I was awarded the Stylish Blogger Award from sweet Tyly over at One Mile at a Time...Thanks Tyly, and ps, i love your name (pronounced  tie-lee, as I learned tonight)!!

Rules for this award are simple - share 7 things about yourself and share the award with 3 other folks.  So here goes: 

1 - i am the middle of five kids

2 -  the only instrument i have ever "played" for real (ok, it was third grade) is the recorder

3 - i grow increasingly more like my mom with each passing year.  and i love it ;)

4 - my name has always been, and i am sure will always be, misspelled

5 - i have zero desire to go to any form of grad school. ever. maybe this will change, but i doubt it

6 - i have crazy self-control with things like m&m's or hershey kisses, but could/would eat my weight in Haribo gummy bears (gold bag, they are THE best!).  one of the best days in South Africa was when a collegue came over three weeks later than we did and she brought me a HUGE bag!

7 - i like office supplies. a lot.  i think new pens are the best, new notebooks are perfect, new scissors are great, and i think you get the point ;)


And now to share this award with three other bloggers...I'd like to give it to:

1 - Alaina over at Recycled Interiors...I know her, and she is awesome!
2 - Michelle over at Living a Life of Love...love her honest and genuine blog!
3 - Brittany over at Confessions of a Newlywed...she is hilarious & having a baby girl next year!

So that's it for me, and so concluded the acceptance of my first award.  WooHoo!  It is now time for me to get back to taking care of my sick husband and eating Chinese takeout that he can't enjoy because of an upset tummy.  Hey, I take care of him but I have to take care of me too...haha!


7 comments:

  1. Aw!!! Congrats on the award and thanks for giving it to ME?! So sweet!!! I totally LOVE office supplies too!! I get excited whenever the Staples man comes to deliver the supplies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun when people do this kind of thing. I loved hearing these little tid bits about you. I feel like every year that goes by I become more and more like my mom too! xo, Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your award!

    I also love office supplies, and I have no desire at all to go for my masters. If I wanted to, now would be the time since we don't have kids yet, but I just don't wanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! And I'm so with you on the no grad school thing! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the blog award! And i can't believe your passing it on to me! i feel so honored :) And i totally agree with you on the grad school and mom thing! Robby pointed it out to me once, we were playing cards with my parents and he was like, Alaina do you realize how much like your mother you are... I took it as a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun learning those facts about you. I always love posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Until I read this post, I had completely forgotten the existence of recorders.

    Sigh, such happy childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you ... Don't be shy :)