Well folks, it's Thursday...time to get thankful! This week I am focusing my thankful list on my FAVORITE time of the year, the Christmas season. So here goes, the top ten things related to Christmas that I am thankful for....
1. Artificial Trees - I know people will disaree, but I am allergic, so fake trees allow me to enjoy the sparkle without the weezing, ichy eyes or runny nose! I also love how easy they are to put up/take down. LOVE it :)
2. Although it may be too commercialized, I am thankful that this time of year reminds us to give back to others
3. Holiday Treats - ok, my waistline does NOT agree with this, but my tastebuds sure do!
4. Christmas Music - will always be my favorite genre! Seriously, go buy this.
5. Gifts - yes, I agree that way too much focus is put here, but gifts is my love language, and therefore shopping for my loved ones, using the best gift wrap and other 'embellishments' I can
cheaply find to make the boxes purrdy just makes me smile.
6. Red cups from Starbucks - makes me happy every time they start serving up coffee treats in these babies!
7. Christmas Cards - true story, the entire month of December I anxiously await the arrival of our mailman in hopes that there will be a beautiful Christmas card in the bundle. I love seeing how kids have grown, lives have changed, and how beautiful the people in my life are ;) Christmas Cards, I am thankful for you! [ps, I canNOT wait to share our cards...which are arriving today...woop! woop!]
8. Decorating the house - I am so thankful that I collected plenty of goods post-holidays when I did not own a house, and I now have a LOT :)
9. Nativity Sets - I have too many for our tiny home, but I couldn't care less. I love all sorts of sets; my Willow Tree set, my (prized) olive wood set Mom & Dad brought back from Isreal, teeny tiny sets, you name it. I love the ever-present reminder of what the season is REALLY about.
10. The Birth of our Savior - God's only Son, sent to earth to live among us and eventually die on the cross for us. There is so much power in this I can't even begin to wrap my head around it all. I am always in awe of how He came, how He lived and, ultimately, how He died.
Now time for you to create your thankful list & link up with Candra :)